To find beauty influencers who have started their own products.
- Finder has a list of all beauty bloggers (influencers) who have started their own brand: Jeffree Star, Huda Kattan, James Charles, Michelle Phan, Marlena Stell, Christen Dominique, Manny MUA and Laura Lee.
- Another list would add Wayne Goss to the list.
- A list from Refinery29 also has Kathleen Lights, Tanya Burr and Zoe Sugg.
- There are also the more obvious celebrity examples of Kylie Jenner and Kim Kardashian.
- Summer Fridays was launched by Marianna Hewitt and Lauren Gores, hitting Sephora's top-selling skin-care product for 2017.
- Revelist has a list of failed collaborations, which is similar though not quite the same as launching one's own product line. However, the list includes some of the same influencers that currently are successful. Some influencers will failed launches are Jacyln Hill (with Morphe X), Jeffree Star (with Manny MUA), Kim Thai (with Ofra Cosmetics), 5 influencers with Benefit Cosmetics, Huda Kattan (with Tweezerman), Jeffree Star (with Morph brushes), Laura Lee and Gabriel Zamora (with MAC) and Jacyln Hill (with Morphe brushes).
- Failures were down to a variety of reasons including bad publicity, quality complaints or issues with the influencer. One of the most famous is James Charles's products, which then became problematic when Charles was accused inappropriate sexual conduct and racist comments, as well as bad-mouthing a fellow influencer.
- Another failure was again down to influencer controversy. Olivia Jade collaborated with Sephora on a rather successful highlighter palette. Then, she became embroiled in the "Operation Varsity Blues" controversy and the brand dropped her.
- Jacyln Hill actually closed down her social media accounts after her brand has a disastrous launch.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.