Beauty (Makeup) Market in China
To understand the beauty market in China, the market size, the largest segments (eg skincare, makeup etc). Specifically for makeup; a demographic breakdown of its consumers, emerging consumer trends in the industry, identify the top manufacturers/sellers of makeup products in the country, and provide case studies on how market leaders go about advertising their product
- In 2018, China's beauty market was estimated to be 407.8 billion RMB, with a CAGR of 11.6%.
- In 2017, China's beauty market was segmented as follows; skincare 50%, hair care 14%, makeup 9%, oral care 9%, other 12%, and shower gel 6%.
- The skincare product market is stated to be RMB212.2 billion, and the makeup market is RMB42.8 billion.
- The makeup market in China saw a 24.3% growth from 2017 to 2018.
- 40% of the cosmetics market in China is coming from online channels. 70% of that is from Tmall and Taobao.
- People born between 1970s-1990s drive 90% of cosmetic sales in China. An increasing demand is coming from people born between 1995 and the 2000s as they enter University or College.
- 75% of people active in social media have been turned onto a new product from an ad on a social media site.
- The preference for America and Korean cosmetics are slowing, with increased demand for Japanese and European brands happening.
- The key players in the cosmetic market in China are; L'Oreal, Estee Lauder, Procter & Gamble, Shiseido, Unilever, Shanghai Jahwa United Co, Ltd., Jiangsu LONGLIQI Bio-Science Co, Ltd. (Longrich), Shanghai Inoherb Cosmetics Co, Ltd., Zhejiang Osmun Group, and JALA Corporation.
Bolster your final deliverable with proprietary research from Koncept Analytics for an additional $1,200. This research includes the current and future market for beauty in China, the key players, and the market broken down by segment.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.