Anti-Aging Skincare Startups - Competitive Landscape
To identify innovative startups in the global anti-aging products space and provide for each company their name, a link to their website, their founding date, the amount of money raised, an overview of the products offered, an explanation of why it's an innovative startup in the anti-aging market, and a relevant press article.
- This is the link to Curology's website.
- Curology is a direct-to-consumer skincare company which focuses on prescription-acne, but more recently also on anti-aging products.
- The company is innovative because it provides customized skincare products for its clients. Based on photo's, the client's history, and the client's goals the company chooses ingredients specifically for the client's skin.
- Its products start at $19.95 per month and provide a custom formula, a cleanser and moisturizer, and personal chats with a provider. The company promises that it is a very easy 2-minute routine.
- The company was founded on March 31, 2014.
- The company raised a total of $18.8 million over three funding rounds. In its most recent round, a Series B round in August 2016, the company raised $15 million.
- This article mentions that Curology has branched out to anti-aging products at the end of 2018/beginning of 2019. This article provides a review of Curology.
Other Skincare Startups
- This is a list of other skincare startups which are focused on natural skincare. During the initial hour of research it was not possible to go through each of these companies to determine their specific focus, but from the description North American Medical Holding and Olive Natural Beauty appear to focus on anti-aging skincare.
Summary of Findings
- During the initial hour of research, we searched for startups in the anti-aging product space with a specific focus on prescription products.
- In this period it was possible to identify one such company. While there are many skincare companies, it was difficult to identify those that focus on prescription anti-aging skincare products, therefore, it is recommended to broaden the scope to startups that focus on anti-aging skincare products
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
We can continue the research and identify an additional 4-6 innovative startups in the global anti-aging product space (if available, we would give preference to those that focus on prescription products). For each company, we would provide their name, a link to their website, their founding date, the amount of money raised, an overview of the products offered, an explanation of why it's an innovative startup in the anti-aging market, and a relevant press article.
We can also provide a demographic and psychographic profile of the users of anti-aging skincare products. For the demographic profile, we would provide the gender, age, race/ethnicity, income, and education level. For the psychographic profile, we would provide their values, likes and dislikes, (social) media consumption habits, and spending habits.