Beef Processing/Packing Trends
To identify 2-3 beef processing/packing trends that are influencing the market for beef packers, such as the demand for a protein-rich diet and ready-to-eat food.
Flat Barrier Bags
- Beef jerky which is consumed as a type of snack food is made by marinating beef in a curing solution and drying it.
- According to the statistical data provided by the Simmons National Consumer Survey (NHCS) and the U.S. Census information, approximately 160 million Americans consume meat snacks and beef jerky on a regular basis.
- Owing to the moisture removal process that it undergoes, beef jerky is tougher, has a more powerful flavor and is promoted as a nutritious, low calorie product, which is low in cholesterol and fat and high in protein and energy.
- As far as packaging trends are concerned, using flat barrier bags for beef jerky packaging has been the go-to solution for successful companies in this market because they help to keep the moisture out.
- Also, since these bags are easy to open and close and protect against puncture or breakage, they serve perfect for hikers, bikers, and others with active lifestyles, and for consumers who frequently travel.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
We recommend continued research to find out 5-7 most significant innovations in beef packaging within the last 3-5 years.
Significance can be measured by the impact that the innovation had in terms of number of companies adopting it, or any other similar suitable metic.
We also propose research to find out 5-7 key insights that help to understand what type of beef/meat packaging attracts the consumer the most. The research may also highlight the factors that a consumer value the most in the packaging when purchasing packaged beef/meat (e.g. durability, environment-friendliness, carrying convenience, etc).