To provide data and case studies that show the value of making investments in company internal communications and employee experience improvement.
- According to Gallagher's State of the Sector 2020 report, 70% of companies globally agree that internal communication is involved in driving the employee experience and people agenda. Gallagher's survey was conducted in 45 countries across 33 industries and almost half of the surveyed companies have more than 5,000 employees.
- The research conducted by Towers Watson reveals that companies with highly effective internal communication are "7 times more likely to outperform their peers." According to Zahra Media Group, "an engaged workforce enables 2 times higher productivity, 3 times faster profit growth, 2 times lower employee turnover, and 19.2% growth in operating income."
- The 2019 Internal Communicator Index report of the global workforce communications platform SocialChorus reveals that 75% of companies are investing more in employee engagement than they did two years before 2019. The survey shows that internal communications have taken a more essential role in organizations.
- According to Sonia Fiorenza, SocialChorus's vice president of communications and engagement strategies, "Employees need consistent and comprehensive communications from their company to feel included in the overall company direction, build trust and buy into what the organization stands for. Because of this, it is no surprise that organizations are investing in internal communications more so than ever before. As the ways in which companies engage employees continue to evolve, the role of the communicator will only grow as they look to keep up with the demands of the modern workforce."
Royal Dutch Shell
- Royal Dutch Shell invested in internal communications using Microsoft products (such as Stream and Yammer) in order to revitalize its intranet, grow internal communities, and communicate with employees in a more collaborative and personalized way. This investment resulted in an empowered staff that generates impactful, interactive communications which drove productivity, innovation, and corporate allegiance.
- According to Cindy Vosselman, Shell's Internal Communications Advisor, "Internal communications are crucial for supporting the delivery of Shell business goals, priorities, and strategies. The more our communications engage our workforce, the more successful we will be as a company. Stream and Yammer present a great opportunity for us to further drive engagement."
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.