Investment Company Analysis
To Provide the employment and industry analysis of companies
- BenevolentAI is a privately held biotechnology company founded in 2013.
- Investors in the company include two lead investors, Temasek Holdings
and Woodford Investment Management, and other investors, Goldman Sachs, Lansdowne Partners, Lundbeck, and Upsher Smith Laboratories.
- BenevolentAI annual revenue for the 2018 fiscal year was £6.8 million.
- The company claims to be a "global leader in the development and application of artificial intelligence (“AI”) for scientific innovation."
- According to an article by Entrepreneur Media, Inc., five trends in the biotechnology industry include "intellectual property and legal growth, commercial model for value-based pricing for biotech products, partnerships and collaborations among new scrutiny, clinical testing and drug regularisations, and flourished innovations and investment opportunities."
- Top competitors of BenevolentAI are Lantern Pharma, CloudMedx, Human Longevity, and Desktop Genetics.
- The company promises to reduce the time and money spent on the development of new drugs through artificial intelligence. "Instead of trying to discover a new compound from scratch, BenevolentAI uses its AI system to try to find new drug candidates from existing information and new potential uses for existing drug candidates."
- BenevolentAI generates revenue through its "bioscience machine 'Brain' that uses algorithms and data to locate the cause of diseases and generate insights into them that humans otherwise could not. Its platform is being used to develop treatments for incurable diseases like motor neuron disease, Parkinson’s disease, glioblastoma, and sarcopenia."
- The company's mission is to "bring the power of humans and machines together to make sense of and drive rapid scientific discovery."
- BenevolentAI host an annual award for medical research charities. Winners of the charity award are aided in their medical research towards potentially developing new treatments and therapies through artificial intelligence.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.