Google Adwords Best Practices
Determine the best practices of companies who are handling their Google Adwords marketing within their organizations. The information will be used to help a company move their advertising operations in-house.
IN-HOUSE DIGITAL MARKETING INSIGHTS
- Around 91% of brands are transitioning from agency-managed to in-house coverage of their digital marketing
- Furthermore, around 35% of marketers are developing their in-house media buying skills.
- Companies who are doing this need to ensure that they have the right talent who has the digital skills to handle marketing-related platforms.
- These firms also need to determine their priorities when deciding to move to an in-house setup as this will involve taking on more core marketing tasks and complicated processes and tools.
- Companies are also advised to determine their KPI measures beyond cost savings to determine if the in-house digital marketing transition effort is working for their businesses.
- Firms should also create detailed transition plans that includes technology road maps, timelines, cost projections, talent inventory, and others to ensure that all the moving parts are connected to their business goals.
COMPANIES MOVING INTO IN-HOUSE DIGITAL MARKETING SETUP
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Our initial research provided some best practices of several companies that were surveyed on how they were able to move their digital marketing operations into their internal organizations. Given that there are many resources on this especially on digital marketing sites, we propose continuing the research to identify these best practices of medium to large e-commerce and retail companies. We will provide 4-6 case studies of these companies that describe the best practices they use to manage their in-house digital marketing strategy with a focus on Adwords strategy.
We also recommend undertaking more research to provide 5-7 strategic insights on how medium to large e-commerce and retail companies in general track their metrics in general and sell certain products.
We will also provide 5-7 tactical insights from these types of companies on the kinds of tools to use, the types of analysis to perform, and how best to monitor the lifecycle of a marketing campaign.
We will also provide 5-7 organization insights from these types of companies on the right kind of marketing manager to hire and how these companies organizational chart should look like.
Alternatively, we propose undertaking shorter research to provide 2-3 case studies of medium to large e-commerce and retail companies that describe the best practices they use to manage their in-house digital marketing strategy with a focus on Adwords strategy.