Loyalty Program Marketing
To understand how brand loyalty programs work, and best practices for, in terms of push notifications and subject lines for email marketing.
- According to one source, five best practices for loyalty program push notifications is don't spam, flash specials/offers, maintain brand consistency, promote rewards cards and control the timing.
- Another strategy is to time the push notifications on a certain schedule related to the customer lifecycle. For example, after signing up and thanking the customer, one brand sends a message on day 2 highlighting the value proposition of opting-in. Then, on day 5, users get a notification about the refer-a-friend promotion, and the same notification is sent again on day 20. If a customer fails to redeem their sign-up bonus, the app sends a notification 3 days before its expiry to give the customer adequate time to make their order.
- Generally, sending notifications 3 days before the expiry of any offer or promotion is useful, giving them enough time.
- Notifications must be personalized, such as only if a user has not used an offer/coupon. Or if they do interact, the notification should be custom in thanking them or offering a follow-up reward.
- Geo-tagging can also be an innovative solution to any brand with a physical presence. Notifications can be triggered when a user's phone is near a store.
E-Mail Subject Lines
- Similar to push notifications, customers expect their e-mail subject lines to be personalized. 26% more consumers are likely to open a personalized subject line e-mail than not.
- However, do not be vague or generic. Subject lines should be sharp and refer directly to the e-mail's content.
- Also, do not be afraid to be unique or quirky in accordance with the brand's personality.
- Sometimes referencing something contextual, like the weather or a popular news story/event can also be catchy to consumers.
- Salesforce recommends sending e-mail at 5 points of the customer lifecycle: lapsed customer offer, monthly reward statement, notification that new rewards are close, reward expiration reminder and tier status/milestone reached. All subject lines should have a call-to-action other than just opening the e-mail.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.