Best Practices for Promoting Launch of Niche Job Board
To find examples of how niche job boards targeting specific groups of job seekers started and developed their business. The data sought includes the date and launch method, their business model, and details on how they managed to find their breakthrough first clients. The information would be used to build a marketing plan for a new job board.
Some examples of niche job boards are given below:
- College Recruiter presents itself as a niche job board aimed at students, with various part-time roles, seasonal positions, internships, entry-level, and graduate jobs.
- This job board was launched in 1996, in the early days of the internet, even before the launch of Google in 1998 and barely a year after Yahoo! went live.
- Originally, College Recruiter was a publisher of employment magazines and campus maps, founded in 1991, with a mission to connect students with the corporate world.
- ClearedPath is a job board that targets a very specific niche market, providing a platform for job seekers with security clearance to look for positions in the US and worldwide.
Summary of Findings
- During the first hour of research, it has been possible to find some examples of niche job boards cases studies with their launch date and their actual business model. However, during the course of this hour, we have not confirmed the availability of information regarding how they managed to find their first clients and details about their launch method. We are confident however that this information could be found with further hours of research.
- Alternatively to finding case studies, there are resources available providing advice and best practices to start a job board: these include starting providing job posts at no cost to employers, and various ways to conduct a promotional campaign to attract users to the website and drive traffic, as well as making sure to grow the audience before targeting major clients. This could represent a different research route to reach the same goal.
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.