Best Practices for Running a Day Care
To determine the best practices for opening a day care as well as insights into daily operations, skills required, necessary equipment, common tasks/roles, common problems and existing franchises. This will be used to start a day care service in Panama City, Panama.
- The average day care worker's hourly pay is $9.97 in the U.S.
- Day Care workers with curriculum planning skills earn above average and the hourly rate increases with the years of experience. For example, a worker with less than one year experience may earn $9.25 hourly while someone with 20 or more years of experience might earn $11.11 per hour.
- Their job involves ensuring the child's environment is safe, their needs are met, maintaining appropriate documentation, interacting with parents of children, coworkers and others and adding value to the company's planning and administration initiatives.
Certifications/Requirements for the facility
- Some states in the U.S. require first aid and CPR certification, regular physical check-up for staff, immunization records for children and adults, and background checks.
- The facility needs to be in good standing as it relates to "good lighting, ventilation and plumbing, fenced play area, eating and food preparation areas and heating and air conditioning".
- The ratio of toilet and sink to children is 1: 15, with staff having theirs separately.
- Some child care programs in the U.S. seek accreditation from national organizations like National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC).
- The minimum education requirement for a day care worker is a high school diploma or GED while that of a child-care teacher is an associate degree in the area of "early childhood education or a Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) license".
- The director however, must have a minimum requirement of "two years experience in early child-care education, a degree in the field or full teacher certification".
- Some necessary equipment for day care to sun smoothly include child-size recliner, nap mats, safety gate, toddler slide and observation activity table among others.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.