Indie Events in New York City
To find the best avenues for discovering indie shows, events, or performances in the Brooklyn/New York City (NYC) area in order to plan a weekend itinerary. Focus on laid-back and casual events. Do not include any events held at mainstream venues like the Lincoln Center.
During this first hour of research, we were able to find and evaluate two online platforms showcasing indie events, shows, or performances in the Brooklyn/NYC area: Oh My Rockness and Eventbrite. Another interesting idea is to visit an indie movie theater. We've included details about the Metrograph and the IFC Center below.
Oh My Rockness
- Oh My Rockness is an online platform founded in 2004 that highlights indie rock concerts in NYC, Chicago, and Los Angeles.
- The platform features several upcoming performances at the Avant Gardner venue in Brooklyn that will include artists like Alison Wonderland, Zedd, and Matthew Dear.
- Baby's All Right is another Brooklyn venue that will be hosting performers like Blood Cultures, Suburban Living, and Lunar Vacation.
- The Bowery Ballroom is a venue in Manhattan that will be hosting indie bands like They Might Be Giants, Yo La Tengo, and Kat Cunning. Although the name might indicate otherwise, it is a laid-back environment.
- Eventbrite is an online platform that organizes events across the US. It has a web page dedicated to indie shows in NYC.
- One indie event on the platform is an upcoming rooftop show that we be held at Our Wicked Lady in Brooklyn on January 25, 2020.
- Another event is an improv comedy show occurring on multiple dates that will be held at the Creek and the Cave in Queens.
- The Knitting Factory in Brooklyn will host Indie Crush on December 13, 2019. This is an indie-pop dance party that will feature artists like Foster the People, the Gorillaz, and Vampire Weekend.
Indie Movie Theaters
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.