Water and Soft Drink Company Case studies: COVID-19
To provide case studies of major soft drink and water companies, showing strategies that they have adopted in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The areas of focus are Germany, Italy, and the UK.
- In March 2020, Coca-Cola suspended its marketing activity due to the economic changes that have been brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic. This is a strategy that is aimed at helping the company weather the current economic downturn.
- Coca-Cola is a major sponsor of the Premier League, the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games, and Euro 2020, which have all been canceled or postponed.
- The world's leading soft drinks company said that it would keep reviewing the situation to determine when it is best to resume marketing spending.
- A spokesperson for the brand said:
- The company is looking to adjust its efforts so that it can make a difference on the customers, communities, and consumers moving forward.
- No results of the suspension have been recorded so far, but it is expected that marketing agencies that Coca-Cola works with in the UK such as McCann, Ogilvy, and Grey London will be hugely affected since the brand is a key client.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
We are suggesting research that provides 2-3 case studies of how major soft drink and water companies in the UK, Italy, and Germany have responded to the COVID-19 pandemic by adopting various strategies. For each case study, we would provide the following: the company/brand name, what that company did to respond to the COVID-19 crisis, why they chose to do that, and what the results of those actions were if available. Coca-Cola will be excluded from the UK's analysis. We will only provide the same company in more than one country if the strategy that they adopted was different.
We can also provide 2-3 insights revealing how the crisis created by COVID-19 has affected the soft drinks industry as a whole in the European market up to date. For each insight, we will provide examples of brands and illustrations within Europe.