Water and Soft Drink Company Case studies: COVID-19
To provide case studies of major soft drink and water companies, showing strategies that they have adopted in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The areas of focus are Germany, Italy, and the UK.
- In March 2020, Coca-Cola suspended its marketing activity due to the economic changes that have been brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic. This is a strategy that is aimed at helping the company weather the current economic downturn.
- Coca-Cola is a major sponsor of the Premier League, the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games, and Euro 2020, which have all been canceled or postponed.
- The world's leading soft drinks company said that it would keep reviewing the situation to determine when it is best to resume marketing spending.
- A spokesperson for the brand said:
- The company is looking to adjust its efforts so that it can make a difference on the customers, communities, and consumers moving forward.
- No results of the suspension have been recorded so far, but it is expected that marketing agencies that Coca-Cola works with in the UK such as McCann, Ogilvy, and Grey London will be hugely affected since the brand is a key client.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.