Ecommerce Furniture Market
To provide an overview of the e-commerce furniture market, including: the market size/opportunity; the size broken down by category (bedroom, children's, folding (e.g., high-end folding furniture), dining, occasional, outdoor, stools, living room, and upholstery); the market share of direct-to-consumer (D2C) players; the top D2C players, with valuation, as available; and the growth outlook/forecast for the market. This information will be used in developing a D2C strategy for a furniture company to increase product sales and profitability.
U.S. Ecommerce Furniture Market: Size
- According to IBISWorld, the U.S. online household furniture market size is $46 billion. It comprises "companies that retail a range of indoor and outdoor home furniture, such as sofas, beds, tables and chairs, via the internet. Home decor is not included in this industry."
- Statista estimates the revenue in the U.S. furniture & homeware ecommerce market to be $48.4 billion. This market comprises "online sale of furniture, kitchen and household goods such as kitchen and bathroom accessories, textile furnishings, lamps, decoration, candles, pottery and china. Electronic household appliances are not included."
Examples of Players in the U.S. Ecommerce Furniture Market: Size
Sales Breakdown By Category in the U.S. Furniture Market
According to Furniture Today, the breakdown of sales in different categories in the overall U.S. furniture market in 2019 was:
- Stationary upholstery: 17% of totals sales
- Motion upholstery: 9% of total sales
- Master bedroom: 19% of total sales.
- Bedding: 12% of total sales.
- Formal dining: 7% of total sales.
- Casual dining: 7% of total.
- Decorative accessories (area rugs, lamps, mirrors, lighting fixtures and more): 6% of total sales.
- Occasional category (bar carts, drink tables, curios, accent chests, ottomans, among others): 2% of total sales.
Summary of Findings
- During this hour of preliminary research, we have determined that information on the ecommerce furniture market is publicly available.
- We have provided information on the size of the U.S. ecommerce furniture market and some of the major players. We have also provided insights on the share of sales of different categories in the overall furniture market.
- We have focused on the home/household furniture market and also assumed a U.S. scope. If a different focus is required (for example to include office/hotel/restaurant furniture) as well as a different geographical scope (for example, global), this would have to be clearly communicated to us in a reply.
- With this background, we suggest continuing with the research to provide the requested information on D2C market and players, and the outlook of the market, as below:
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.