BIM/VDC Professionals Research
- Identify the market size for BIM (Building information modeling) and VDC (Virtual design and construction) professionals in the United States and Globally by number of professionals.
Helpful Findings United States
- On Glassdoor, there are currently 118 job listings for VDC/BIM coordinators in the United States.
- Companies currently hiring for in the United States include the following:
- According to the 2019 Sage Construction Hiring and Business Outlook Survey, 38% of respondents do not use BIM.
- Since 2000, the construction productivity industry has only increased by 1%, however, experts say that the need for technology in the industry is growing and expect "super exciting" outlooks in the next 5 years.
Helpful Findings Global
- The global BIM market was valued at $5.2 billion USD in 2019 with a CAGR of 14.3% between 2020 and 2027.
- Key Players in the Global Market include the following:
- In our initial search, most of the data published on the VDC and BIM industry has to do with best practices and the design of the industry itself rather than the size of the industry. We searched for the United States and global market size of the VDC and BIM market together and separately, however, the only results were the global BIM market. We do not believe that further research on the market size will provide any additional details on the market size as a whole or a way to narrow down the total number of professionals in the market.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.