You would like to find some data points about biocides and H2S Scavengers in North America. Specifically you would like to know the market size (i.e. revenue) for each of the following: biocides in Canada, biocides in the U.S., H2S (hydrogen sulfide) scavengers in Canada, and H2S scavengers in the U.S. Additionally, you would like to know which companies are the top international manufacturers of biocides and H2S scavengers and what their North American market share is.
- As of 2014, the North American biocides market was valued at $3.33 billion.
- As of 2016, the U.S. biocide market was valued at $3.4 billion and was expected to grow at a rate of 3.7% annually, ending at $4.1 billion in 2020.
- As of 2015, the global market size for biocides was expected to reach $9.912 billion by 2022, growing at a projected rate of 6.3% CAGR between 2014 and 2022.
- As of 2015, the North American demand for biocides was increasing and the region held the second largest share of the global biocides market.
- A 2018 market report from Mordor Intelligence shows the current growth rate of the global biocides market at around 5.5% through 2024. Regulations concerning the use of chlorine is hampering growth in this market.
- As of 2018, North America held the largest share of the global biocides market, with the United States noted as one of the largest global markets for this product. The U.S. share of this market is expected to continue increasing through 2024.
- In the next two decades, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is planning to invest $600 billion towards improving municipal water and sewage systems that will focus on biological water treatment.
- Overall, the global biocides market is heavily fragmented (i.e. few dominant players and lots of competition).
- BASF SE
- H2S scavengers are used in chemical processing to remove hydrogen sulfides.
- The H2S scavengers equipment market expected to grow at a rate of 5% through 2029, according to a 2019 report.
- Schlumberger Limited
- Arkema Group
- Paqell BV
- NALCO Water
- ChemTreat, Inc.
- Merichem Company
- Cardan Chemcials International
PROPOSED NEXT STEPS
There is a considerable amount of information available regarding the market size of the biocides market that will allow us to either find direct answers this part of your request, or triangulate some estimates. However, data concerning the H2S scavengers market is much more limited as most of the market and industry reports that cover this topic have all the hard data locked behind paywalls, which makes it much more challenging to locate relevant data that can be used to triangulate an answer or locate one that is preexisting. However, a more exhaustive look at the available resources would need to be done to determine if a triangulation would be possible or not.
In terms of major players, there is a lot of information contained within the market reports for both biocides and H2S scavengers that allows us to understand who the biggest (key) players in the market are at the global level, however, a deeper analysis into their annual reports, press releases, and other resources would need to be done in order to see if any revenue data concerning their North American sales and sales of these specific product types are available. It should be noted here that prior research suggests that it can be quite difficult to locate this exact type of data for every company, as the breakdown of sales data that companies make public can vary from company to company. Below are our suggested next steps:
(1) Research and triangulate the market size for the biocides and H2S scavengers market in North America, and provide a breakdown of the U.S. and Canadian shares of these markets. (6 hours, $150)
(2) Compile a list of key players in the global H2S scavengers and biocides market and conduct research to understand their total revenues, sales of these specific products, and North American sales using their annual reports, press releases, and any other available data. We can do 5 key players for each product--5 for H2S and 5 for biocides for a total of 10 to start. (6 hours, $150)
(a) If we cannot find this exact data for these companies would you like to know something else about them instead?