Boingo Market Research
Obtain insights into the market size, internet data usage, contractual obligations, key players, operating models & margins, available space, pain points, barriers to entry and the general business operating environment for the listed business segments which include conventional multifamily housing units, hotels, dorms, off-campus apartments, senior living apartments, hospital beds, commercial offices and AirBNB housing in the US.
- Airbnb currently controls about 20% of the US consumer lodging market. It generated a total of $40 billion in 2018, making it the fastest-growing accommodation service in the US.
- The US Hotel industry is projected to generate about $206 billion in 2019, growing at a rate of 4% per annum.
- There are about 23,500 million senior housing units in the US, with a total capacity of 3.04 million beds. According to a report by CBRE, senior housing projects in the country generate higher returns (2.57%) compared to multi-family housing projects (1.47%).
- The US Long Term Care market is expected to grow to $737.1 billion in 2026 at a rate of 7.5% per annum.
- In 2018, 22% of university students living in the US lived in dorms, 23% chose to live in apartments within walking distances of their campus, while 55% lived in other housing options.
- The leasing occupancy of student housing varies all year round, and the cycle continues to this day. During the off-peak periods, the occupancy rate can fall to as low as 5.3% and increase to 94% while students are in season.
Suggestions and Further Clarifications
- The exact internet consumption rate for each business segment in GB/month cannot be determined due to limited information on the topic. We would suggest moving forward with this aspect of the project by determining the percentage of entities in the segment that makes use of the internet per month (i.e., 87% of the offices in the US make us of the internet every month).
- Do you need any other metric/info on the key players in each business segments asides from the annual revenue they generate from the respective markets?
- Could you please provide brief info on the sort of deals you're referring to here: "How sticky are deals in the space for renewal," are you referring to marketing deals, investment deals, M&A deals, etc.?
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
We were able to identify some useful insights in our initial research work. There is more publicly available information on the topic, we'd recommend continuing with this project by looking into each vertical and building a concise report to help inform your business decisions. We can build a report detailing the market size, internet data usage rate by the segment, contractual obligations, key players, operating models & margins, available space vs. consolidated, pain points, barriers to entry and the general business operating environment (focusing on how sticky or frequently deals are renewed in the space) on the multifamily housing units, hotels, dorms, off-campus apartments, senior living apartments, hospital beds, commercial offices and AirBNB housing markets in the US.