Boston Cancer Support
To determine ways to help a charity find more supporters both in terms of givers and people who engage with the charity, understand the cancer support landscape in Boston. This would include details on the groups and communities that are either large or have extensive member engagement, and what draws people to them.
- This resource provides details on the many options for support in Boston, with a breakdown into resources for patients, caregivers, doctors, transportation, and more. This was used as a jumping off point to find some relevant groups and communities.
- Wellness Warriors is a dragon boat team for cancer survivors. Although there is not information on the website about the number of members, they do state that members range in age from 24-79 and are at all stages of the cancer journey. The group has about 435 followers on Facebook and many of their posts get 5-10% engagement.
- The group's mission is to help cancer survivors heal by actively participating in their recovery, through paddling. The group also does outreach and education on the benefits of paddling.
- There is a members only section on the website which seems to be a primary way of providing information to members. Although it required a password to access, there are sections on events, policies, training, fundraising, and work groups.
- EmpowerHer has a mission to "to empower, support and connect girls of all ages who have experienced the early loss of their mothers."
- Additionally, the group holds events six times a year for the girls they serve. These include beach parties, cooking classes, yoga, Mother's Day retreat, and an actor workshop.
- This group was chosen as it requires a large level of commitment from volunteers who act as mentors to more than 150 girls, and there are almost 6,000 followers on Facebook.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.