Brand Perception of Cognizant
To understand how the marketplace views Cognizant as a brand for a pitch to Cognizant.
Using Gartner Peer Insights, our preliminary research found the following information about Cognizant's brand perception among its customers and clients.
- According to the 2018 Annual Report on the World's Most Valuable IT Services Brands, Cognizant is the 4th most valuable IT brand in the world.
- However, Cognizant's brand value has decreased by 10% over the past year.
- This was the first decrease in the brand's value since 2014.
- Its brand rating is AA+, which is unchanged over the past year.
- A company that worked with Cognizant to provide "offshore resourcing for application development and support" stated that Cognizant was a very good partner and was flexible with their needs and requests.
- This company also said that Cognizant had the skill sets necessary to ensure they ramped up quickly and successfully.
- A media company gave Cognizant 5 stars on Gartner Peer Insights for their work in enabling an organization-wide transformation and bringing more than five brands on board to marketing operations in "post-implementation model."
- This company stated that Cognizant highlighted the "importance of customer-centric data and journey designs that are repeatable and reusable."
- The COO of a company with $1 billion to $3 billion in revenue gave Cognizant 5 stars on Gartner Peer Insights and stated that "Cognizant provided leadership and direction on the strategic design of the proposed Salesforce solution, enabling a robust design in very short and demanding timescales.
- A company that worked with Cognizant to provide "offshore resourcing for application development and support" said it was difficult to find an on-site team that was capable of handling the job in India in an effective manner.
- It took the company "a couple tries" before it could get a solid on-site team that they were able to work with well enough to complete the job.
- An ecucation company awarded Cognizant 4 stars on Gartner Peer Insights and said that the "project execution on a T&M basis has not supported the outcome we would have preferred and we are moving to an alternate model." The company did note that this is not a "Cognizant only issue."
- A manufacturing company gave Cognizant only 2 stars on Gartner Peer Insights and indicated that Cognizant needs to re-examine its engagement and partnership model.
- The company stated Cognizant's "CTS CRM team has not been able to help us in the possible extent in the CRM space. Not so happy experience."
We also found the following points of differentiation using industry reports and articles about Cognizant.
- Cognizant's early adoption of digital has set them apart from its competitors. According to Money Control, "Over the past 7 years, Cognizant has been investing a lot around digital, especially with SMAC, social, mobility, analytics and cloud initiatives."
- Cognizant has "extensive analytics investments and analytical and Data Science modeling methodologies and libraries."
- According to Forrester, "Cognizant has carved out a progressive organizational structure geared toward supporting customers on their digital business journeys."
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.