Most Popular Brands among US-Millennial Parents
To compile a list of 20 brands that are most popular among US millennial-parents, focussing particularly on the brands they resonate strongly with. The list has to be ranked based on a consistent metric such as their revenue or app downloads that helps to quantify how strongly these parents like them.
- Using data collected from over 73,000 interviews with 13-39-year-olds and tracking over 550 brands, YPulse’s youth brand tracker compiled a list of 20 brands which they termed as ‘Millennial Parents’ Favorite Brands’.
- Reese’s was ranked as the most favorite brand followed by Google, Netflix YouTube, Hershey’s, Doritos, Facebook, Snickers, Amazon, Oreo, M&M’s, Colgate, Cheetos, Kitkat, Heinz Ketchup, Walmart, Coca-Cola, Nike, Lay’s and Kraft Mac and Cheese.
- The brand tracker measured young consumers’ relationships with the brand based on a weighted 6-point scale that ranged from “Never heard of this brand” to “This brand is one of my favorites.”
- The top brands were the ones that were rated as “one of my favorites,” among those who were aware of the brand.
- As published by bizjournals.com in November 2019, millennial parents have $1.3 trillion in spending power and some of their favorite brands include Target, Amazon, Nike, Facebook and YouTube.
- In terms of factors driving the selection of a brand, it was found from a survey that 15% of millennial parents purchased a subscription box of kids' clothing or toys as it appealed to young people’s penchants for sustainability and convenience.
- Capitalizing on this trend of ‘subscription box craze’, Gap witnessed significant success with their BabyGap and Old Navy kids’ boxes.
- Nike Adventure Club, a subscription service initiated by Nike to send a new pair of kicks every 90 days, keeping up with kids’ ever-changing size, witnessed success as well.
- In 2019 Smarty Pants® revealed their annual study of brands that kids and parents loved the most.
- 270 consumer brands across 20 categories were ranked on 'kidfinity score', a proprietary measure of kids and tween brand awareness, popularity and love.
- 20 of the top brands in this list were as follows: YouTube, Oreo, M&M’s, Hershey’s, Doritos, Chips Ahoy, Netflix, Cheetos, Lay’s, Goldfish Crackers, Reese’s, iPad, Lunchables, Little Debbie, Starburst, Crayola Skittles, Pop-Tarts, Pringles and Kit Kat.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.