Brazilian Companies Worth over $1 Billion
To find a list of Brazilian companies earning more than R$1 billion in annual revenue.
- The consultancy, Austin, has ranked Brazil's top 1,500 businesses based on 2018 revenue. There are 491 companies with revenues exceeding R$1 billion.
- As 2019 is not yet finished, this ranking would still be current, since it based on last year's revenues.
- The top 10 companies on this list are Petrobras, BR Distribuidora, Vale, Ipiranga, Raizen Combustiveis, Cargill, Braskem, Telephonica Brazil, Bunge Alimentos and Carrefour.
- The Ibovespa (Índice Bovespa) includes the largest corporations of the country. The top 10 companies on this index, last updated at the end of October, were Petrobas, Itau Unibanco, Banco Bradesco, AmBev, Vale, Santander Brasil, Banco de Brasil, Itausa, Telefonica Brazil and B3. These are publicly-traded companies only.
- All 30 companies on the Bovespa earn well above R$1 billion in revenue.
- The top 10 Brazilian companies by market capitalization, as of July 1, 2019, were: Petrobas, Itau Unibanco, Banco Bradesco, Ambev, Vale, Santander Brasil, Banco de Brasil, Itausa, JBS and Pagseguro Digital.
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Our initial research found the most current list of Brazilian companies earning over R$1 billion in revenue is still the list from Estadão Empresas Mais and Austin. If further work is required, we can take this list to build a comprehensive spreadsheet of the 491 companies with revenues exceeding R$1 billion. The spreadsheet would contain the company name, website, HQ address, industry and latest revenue.
Alternatively, since most of the Early Findings are concentrated on publicly-traded entities, we could build a list of the top 10 private corporations in Brazil. This would include their name, website, HQ address, industry and approximate annual revenue.