Building Construction Software Technology
To obtain information about the use of technology in building construction, including case studies, challenges/pain points, disruptions, and investments.
- ConstructConnect reports that construction firms are underinvesting in technology; however, "venture capitalists are betting big on the future of [construction technology]".
- According to a report released by James Long LaSalle, Inc., venture capital firms invested a total of "$1.05 billion in global contech startups during the first half of 2018". This represents an almost 30% increase from the amount invested throughout 2017.
- Investors have successfully "closed 478 funding deals totaling $4.34 billion" since 2009.
- Today, software and mobile solutions are available to help in managing all aspects of a construction project.
- In terms of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML), construction companies are now leveraging data to increase productivity, make better decisions, reduce risks, and improve job site safety.
- The tools that bring virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) to the worksite are becoming increasingly widespread and more user-friendly.
- Also, as AR and VR "technology becomes more integrated in the digital workflow, the possibilities that open up seem limitless".
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.