Nokia Company Analysis
To find additional information on the business units under Nokia. Information to be searched for will include financial information such as revenue and profits, specific product lines and key products/services that fall under each business unit, what the products/services do/provide, and information on each business unit's customers are.
- Nokia is divided into four business segments i.e. Nokia Networks, Nokia Software, Nokia Technologies, and Group Common and Other.
- Nokia reports revenue information for the above four business segments on a quarterly and yearly basis. Consequently, these business segments can be assumed to be Nokia's major business units.
- Nokia's biggest business segment is Nokia Networks, which is divided into Mobile Access, Fixed Access, IP Routing, and Optical Networks. In terms of size, Nokia Networks is followed by Nokia Software, then Nokia Technologies, and Group Common and Other.
- Additionally, the company is also divided into seven business groups i.e. Mobile Networks, Fixed Networks, Nokia Software, Nokia Technologies, Global Services, IP/Optical Networks, and Nokia Enterprise.
- In 2019, the company did not provide a financial performance breakdown of its seven business groups.
- In 2019, Nokia posted an overrall revenue of €23.315 billion. This revenue represented a growth of 3% from 2018. Additional information on this can be found on page 05 of Nokia's 2019 financial report.
- This revenue was divided among the company's four business segments as follows: Nokia Networks - €18.209 billion, Nokia Software - €2.767 billion, Nokia Technologies - €1.487 billion, and Group Common and Other - €952 million. Additional information on this can be found on page 04 of Nokia's 2019 financial report.
- Nokia Networks' performance was further segmented as follows: Mobile Access - €11.655 billion, Fixed Access - €1.881 billion, IP Routing - €2.921 billion, and Optical Networks - €1.752 billion. Additional information on this can be found on page 04 of Nokia's 2019 financial report .
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.