Business Benefits of Crawlers/Scrapers and RPA
To obtain examples of how companies are benefiting from robotic process automation (RPA).
- UiPath automated the process of preparing daily profit and loss for a financial services company. By installing an RPA solution, the company reduced its "handling time from 60 minutes to 20 minutes, increasing accuracy of reports".
- Workfusion used RPA to achieve STP (straight through processing) in the customer onboarding process for a major bank. This "reduced onboarding time from 20 days to 5 minutes".
- According to the head of product at Blue Prism, Bart Peluso, the following examples show how companies have benefited from RPA:
- By using digital workers, a payroll company in the United States that handles the payment of 39 million people globally has been able to achieve additional capacity.
- RPA helped "enable its international service delivery strategy — to standardize, optimize, automate, and centralise key processes".
- Also, RPA helped a major United Kingdom utility company in optimizing its digital strategy by helping the company provide great customer service.
- In another instance, a global beer manufacturer leveraged RPA and artificial intelligence (AI) to implement a change in its accounting standards almost entirely (90%) electronically. This process was completed without human involvement. As a result the company achieved a reduction in process complexity, and improved its compliance and revenue.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Our background search has identified several examples of how companies are benefiting from robotic process automation (RPA). We recommend further research to provide 3-5 additional examples of how companies are benefiting from RPA.
Also, we recommend further research to provide 3-5 insights regarding the use of crawlers/scrapers and the impact it generates on businesses.