CAD Software for Residential Architecture
To find/estimate the revenue of the top CAD programs used by architects.
- The computer-aided design market is segmented by technology
into two segments:
and 2D design.
- According to Statista and BIS Research, the global CAD market revenue reached $5.5 billion for 3D design and $1.97 billion for 2D design in 2018. Thus, the overall market revenue was $7.47 billion (5.5 billion + 1.97 billion). (Screenshots here).
- The top 10 CAD software by market share are:
- We calculated the revenue of each software using the following formula: Software revenue = market revenue x software market share. As an example, the market share of Autodesk AutoCAD is 36.40%, which means that its revenue = 7.47 billion x 36.40% = 2.719 billion.
- Autodesk, inc. owns Autodesk AutoCAD, Autodesk, Autodesk Revit, Autodesk Inventor, 3ds Max, and Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Autodesk AutoCAD: $2.719 billion
- Dassault Systemes: $716 million
- Autodesk: $628 million
- Autodesk Revit: $593 million
- Autodesk Inventor: $260 million
- Solidworks: $250 million
- 3ds Max: $221 million
- Mastercam: $177 million
- Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D: $158 million
- Mathcad: $125 million
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.