Demographic Profile of Mid-Size Luxury SUV
To understand the demographic profile of the US buyers of luxury mid-sized SUV's, what their media habits are, and which brands are leading in leading sales for luxury mid-sized SUV's.
Demographic Profile of the SUV Consumer
- This article provides the profiles of new car buyers. While it doesn't provide the profile of mid-size luxury SUV's, it does provide a profile for SUV buyers.
- The new SUV buyer is in the age group 25-54 years (thus consisting of millennials and Generation X). 43% of new SUV buyers are between 25-54 years, 31% is 65 years and older, 26% is between 55 and 64 years, and less than 1% is younger than 24 years.
- Men mostly buy SUVs. 57% of men buy SUVs while 43% of women buy this model.
- New SUV buyers typically have an income of $100,000 or higher. 40% of SUV buyers earn more than $100,000, 31% earn less than $50,000, 19% earn between $50,000 and $74,999, and 10% earn between $75,000 and $99,000.
Demographic Profile of the Mid-Size Luxury SUV Consumer
- The Cadillac XT5 is a mid-size premium SUV that replaced the Cadillac SRX.
- According to JD Power, in general, 39% (in 2017) of mid-size SUV purchasers are females, however, for mid-size premium Cadillac SUVs 48% are women. Most likely the remaining 52% are male and for the segment, this ranged between 56% (2020) and 61% (2017)
- Mid-size premium Cadillac SUV owners are older than what is typical for the segment. Cadillac purchasers in the segment are typically 64 years. The segment is average is 56-57 years.
- Mid-size premium Cadillac SUV purchasers have an average median household income of $121,652. In 2017, the median household income in the segment was $188,247 this has declined to $116,933 in 2020.
Summary of Findings
- During the initial hour of research, we focused on finding the demographic profile of the mid-size luxury SUV.
- Please note that the Cadillac XTS is a sedan and not a mid-size luxury SUV. For this research, we have focused on and presented information on the latter.
- We have provided a general profile of the SUV buyer. Please note that within that source a general profile of the typical sedan purchaser is also available.
- The most recent information available for the mid-size luxury Cadillac SUV buyers is for the Cadillac XT5 and Cadillac SRX. This information was provided as well as a profile of the typical consumer of mid-size SUVs for both 2017 and 2020 (this can be found in the article which reviews the Toyota Highlander).
- The typical profile would thus be a male between 55-65 years with an average income of $121,652.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.