California Types of Housing
To find the number for each type of housing in the major 5 top cities of California. The types are: Single Family
, Row Houses
, Mobile Homes
, Tiny Houses
California Top Cities
- California top cities by population include Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, San Jose, and Fresno.
- The city of Los Angeles has 1,457,762 total housing units.
- Out of this total 1,364,227 are occupied and 93,535 are vacant.
- 562,134 of the total, or 38,6% of total housing units are detached 1-unit houses.
- 88,459, or 6.1% of total houses are 1-unit, attached structures.
- 698,484 or 51.2% are housing units composed of 3 or more units.
- 9,025 units are mobile homes.
- 147,572 of total units have no bedroom.
- 39,536 have 5 or more bedrooms.
- San Diego has 497,189 occupied housing units.
- San Jose has 319,558 occupied housing units.
- San Francisco has a total of 392,000 housing units.
- 358,772 are occupied units.
- 74,072 are 1-unit detached houses.
- 44,710 are 1-unit attached houses.
- 239,198 units are apartments.
- 792 are mobile homes or other types.
- Fresno has 176,617 housing units.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.