Celebrex - Patient Experience
To learn more about the patient experience when using Celebrex, including any side effects they experience, how they talk about that experience and the drug itself, and where applicable, any differences to the experience based on gender.
Common Side Effects and Patient Experiences
- Common side effects of the drug include "headache, abdominal pain, indigestion, diarrhea, nausea, upset stomach, bloating, gas, dizziness, nervousness, headache, runny or stuffy nose, sore throat, skin rash, and insomnia".
- Additionally, Celebrex has also been shown to "cause serious stomach and intestinal ulcers".
- More specifically, the most common side effects of Celebrex are "diarrhea, hypertension, and abnormal hepatic function tests", whereas some other side effects that patients experience less commonly are "abdominal pain, dyspepsia, gastroesophageal reflux disease, peripheral edema, vomiting, and increased liver enzymes".
- Patients using Celebrex may also find that it interacts with "other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), other cold/allergy/pain medicine that contains NSAIDs, antidepressants, blood thinners, diuretics (water pills), fluconazole, lithium, heart or blood pressure medications, [and/or] ACE inhibitors".
- In general, patients taking NSAIDs are at a greater risk of experiencing a serious cardiovascular thrombotic event, such as myocardian infarction or stroke, both of which can be fatal.
- While the vast majority of documented side effects for Celebrex apply to both men and women equally, pregnant women in particular are advised against using the medication because it can "cause premature closure of the ductus arteriosus" and/or lead to potential heart defects in the newborn after birth.
- Similarly, breastfeeding mothers are advised against using Celebrex because it "passes into breast milk and may affect a nursing baby".
- Reviewers on WebMD have given Celebrex 3.62 stars for effectiveness, 4.31 stars for ease of use, and 3.36 stars for overall satisfaction.
- On drugs.com, Celebrex has an overall rating of 7.1 out of 10 based on a total of 80 ratings, 74 of which include written reviews.
- On Everyday Health, the drug has an overall rating of three out of five stars, based on 361 reviews.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.