Celebrity/Influencer CBD Campaigns
Locate at least 5 different celebrity and/or influencer-led campaigns to launch/promote a CBD product in the U.S. in order to come up with some ideas for a future CBD launch. For each campaign located, the brand, celebrity/influencer name, and campaign process/content will be detailed.
- Research conducted by Morning Consult indicates that CBD marketing is an extremely hazy area in terms of legality. Microsoft and Amazon strictly prohibit CBD sales/marketing on their platforms, and companies like Google, Facebook, Verizon, Twitter, etc. have limited policies regarding marketing drugs that are non-medical, such as CBD. As a result, marketing campaigns revolving around CBD and CBD brands are often limited to SEO and PR methods.
- Seth Rogen is a major supporter of all things CBD and cannabis, especially in relation to their prevention of Alzheimer's disease because of his mother-in-law. In 2014, Rogen went before Congress with CBD research to fight for legislation to support the drug as a treatment for Alzheimer's.
- Rogen is also a member of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, as well as founder of Hilarity for Charity, a non-profit that funds research for CBD oil as a treatment for Alzheimer's disease.
- Morgan Freeman is a supporter and influencer of CBD, known specifically for his support because of chronic pain from fibromyalgia due to a car accident. His methods of support and influencing include marketing the positive research of CBD for treating chronic pain and how it has worked for him.
- Jolene Goring is an Instagram influencer for fitness and CBD products. She has been featured live on news shows via ABC, Fox 10 News, etc. She also sponsors ads for CBD products including lotions, lip balms, oils, etc.
- Rachna Patel is another CBD influencer, known more for her podcasts about the benefits of CBD, as well as her work as a prescribing physician. Patel has also written a book titled "The CBD Oil Solution: Treating Chronic Pain, Anxiety, Insomnia, and More — Without the High" to try to show the positive effects of CBD and how it differs from marijuana.
- Montel Williams is an avid supporter and influencer for everything CBD because of his multiple sclerosis (MS) diagnosis. He founded his own research company, Lenitiv Scientific, which researches and produces CBD products/oils.
Proprietary Research Available
Bolster your final deliverable with proprietary research from TechNavio for an additional $345.00. This research includes an overview the vendor landscape and selling methods. Research is also available on market trends for $1,360.46, market positioning of vendors for $230.00, or even market drivers for $1,632.37.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Initial research for influencers/campaigns in the CBD market indicates that data is abundant. As a result, we suggest moving forward with research where we will further analyze the 5 influencers listed above. For each influencer, we can link to their social media profiles (Instagram, Twitter, etc.), company websites (if applicable), any publications/public statements they have made, and provide a brief overview of how exactly they have acted as influencers in the CBD market.
Alternatively, we can locate 3-5 new CBD campaigns (not influencers/actual people). For each campaign, we would link to the site/social media page from which it is run, note any influencers that participate in the campaign, and provide an overview of what the campaign involves and how it operates.
As a third alternative, we can build upon the existing influencers already noted above (for which there are 5 people), and on top of that, locate an additional 3-5 CBD campaigns (not people). Again, for each, we would provide any links to social media/campaign webpages, an analysis of the people involved, and an overview of what the campaign involves and what the influencers do to "influence," per se.