CES Media Trends
To perform a media audit for CES and discover trends on topics, including the brand names that consistently receive the most coverage on the shows, any particular product or execution that caused a spike in conversation, the media outlets and journalists that produce the most content on CES, and the media hits from the CES shows, in order to lay the foundation for CES plans.
CES MEDIA TRENDS
1. CES 2019 SOCIAL MEDIA HITS
2. CES 2019 MEDIA COVERAGE HITS
3. BRANDS CONSISTENTLY RECEIVING MOST COVERAGE IN THE PAST 5 YEARS
- According to the multiple lists of brands receiving the most coverage in CES from 2015 to 2019, the brands that have been consistently receiving the most coverage in the past five years include Samsung, LG Electronics, Lenovo, CNET, and Sony.
4. PRODUCTS AND EXECUTIONS CAUSING A SPIKE IN THE CONVERSATION AT CES 2019
- According to multiple reports on CES 2019, 5G technology was one of the main topics that dominated the discussion at the show.
- Smart assistants and voice technology also dominated the discussion. The products, such as Alexa, Google Assistant, and Siri, were highly discussed during the show.
5. MEDIA OUTLETS AND JOURNALISTS THAT PRODUCE THE MOST CONTENT ABOUT CES
- According to CES, the top media outlets that post content about CES include Adweek, Android Authority, BBC, Business Wire, Campaign Us, Cheddar, CNET, Digital Imaging Reporter, Digital Trends, Edmunds, Euronews, and more. All the top media outlets can be identified here.
- According to Quid, Kyle Wiggers from VentureBeat was the journalist that wrote the most stories about CES 2019. Automotive and home technologies were his major focus.
- Brian Heater from Tech Crunch was another journalist who covered a lot of news on the show. Dean Takahashi, Andrew Gebhart, Jeremy Horwitz, Chaim Gartenberg, and Molly Price are other journalists who covered a lot of topics.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
The initial research determined that there is a lot of publicly available information on the topic. Therefore, we'd recommend further research to provide information on the most media-discussed product/technology for CES 2015-2019, including the name of the product/technology, the reasons for the discussion, the major parties involved in the discussion, and the final outcome.
Additionally, we'd also recommend further research to identify the brands that have been consistently receiving the most media coverage from CES 2015 to CES 2019, including the names of the brands, a short description of the brands, and their products on the respective shows.
We'd also recommend diving deeper into the journalists that covered the most news and content on the CES 2019 and providing a brief description of the topics they covered along with the respective links.