Children's Education Market
To determine if the children's education market is a path worth pursuing, understand the market opportunity in the areas of tutoring, classes, after school activities, after school programming, spring break, summer camps, and drop in-play centers.
- By 2020, there are expected to be 80 million children in the United States, representing 24% of the population.
- The demand for educational and activity services for children will continue to grow both because there will be more children, and because there are a growing number of families with both parents working.
- The after school program market was valued at $23 billion in 2018. Unfortunately, the portion of this related to education was paywalled.
- The U.S. private tutoring market is expected to grow at a rate of 7.09% from 2018 to 2022. Much of this growth will be in the area of online tutoring as technology continues to advance.
- The key players in this industry include Club Z! Tutoring, Kaplan, MindLaunch, Sylvan Learning, TutorMe, and Wyzant.
- Sylvan Learning Center charges between $40 and $100 per hour, while Huntington Learning Center's rates range from $40-$75 per hour.
After School Programs
- Nashville Public Schools partner with a program called Nashville After Zone Alliance to share data about students performance which allows the program to better tailor themselves to what the students need.
- Initial searches on summer educational programs returned data on summer camps in general, with no publicly available breakout on what portion of this was for educational camps or programs. The market size of the summer camp industry is projected to be $4 billion in 2019.
- The camps were broken out into five categories and none of them were education related. Therefore, it is likely that the summer education market is not included in this reporting.
- Club U at the University of Utah is an example of an educational camp for kids.
We found some proprietary research from one of our data partners which may be helpful:
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.