Chilean Cherry Exporters
To determine, for each company in the provided list, when it was established, how much volume it moves annually, whether the company is also a producer/grower; and if not a grower, a list of growers for which it exports. All information provided is specific to cherries.
Our initial research indicates that information on the year of establishment and the company's function as a pure-play exporter or a vertically integrated grower/exporter is generally available for most companies which actually export cherries. Information about annual volume of cherries exported was unavailable for the companies surveyed in this response, largely because that information must be self-reported, and most companies do not appear to report it publicly. It is possible that we could research annual revenue as a proxy for volume, although our preliminary research indicates that most of these companies do not provide links to their annual reports on the website (as is common for public US companies). Information on grower partnerships was also not immediately available on the company websites, for those companies listed under 'Verified Exporters.'
Due to the high rate of inclusion for companies which do not export cherries, we limited our search for annual reports, financial reports, and grower partnerships to the companies which we were able to verify as cherry exporters (see 'Verified Exporters'). Our search for annual or financial reports for these companies did not generate any initial results.
- Agricola Chile Chico Cherry Ltda does not have a consumer-facing website, and its Facebook page is empty. No press releases were discovered for this company.
- According to its website, Agrícola Tejas Verdes does not export cherries. It transports "grains, oilseeds and ingredients for the food and feed industry."
- The website for Agrofruta Ltda is currently non-functional, and its Facebook page is an unofficial page with no useful information. According to the search results text, it was founded in 1986 and is a grower/producer.
- Soler (soler.cl) is a meat producer. It does not appear to export cherries. The logo on the provided list does not match the Soler logo on the provided website, so it is possible that another Soler exists in Chile. Our preliminary research did not find such a company, however.
- ALSU is both a producer and an exporter. The company has been in business for more than 40 years.
- AMS Family was founded in 1967, and is both a producer and an exporter.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
As the initial research discovered a high rate of inclusion for non-relevant companies on the provided list, we suggest initial research to determine which companies in the provided list actually export cherries. This would comprise 5 research reports, each researching 16 companies. For those companies which do export cherries, we would provide the founding date and its pure-play or vertical integration status. We would provide this information in a spreadsheet format. Once this updated list is complete, we could then move forward with providing an estimation for how many reports it would require to research available information on annual volume OR annual revenue OR any other available metric on size, for the relevant cherry exporters in the updated list. For any company which returns invalid search results, we would attempt to research internet archives to provide any available information from the archived copy of their website (if such a copy is available).
Alternately, we could move forward with providing full research on the remaining companies in the list, including the founding date, size (determined by how much volume (specific to cherries) it moves annually OR annual revenue OR any other available metric on size), whether the company is also a producer/grower; and if not a grower, a list of growers for which it exports. For any company determined to be irrelevant (i.e., does not export cherries), we would not provide a full report on that company, but would enter N/A and continue forward with full research on the relevant companies. We would be able to complete 5 companies per report, for a total of 16 reports.