To understand what cities are on the forefront of the smart city design and implementation and what are they doing.
During our preliminary research, we were able to identify three cities around the world that will spend most money on smart city projects. These cities are Singapore, London, and New York City. We were then able to provide an overview of what they are doing in regard to smart city designs. Below is an overview of our early findings.
- Each of the cities mentioned above are expected to invest more than $1 billion on planning their smart city.
- In 2014, Singapore launched their Smart Nation Initiative.
- Since then, they have ranked 6th in the top world smart cities.
- The city even won the City Award at the Smart City Expo World Congress in 2018.
- Smart city initiatives that the city has launched include e-government services, a unified QR code system, and legislation for autonomous vehicles.
- London's smart city initiative is called Smarter London Together.
- This initiative is made up of 20 smaller initiatives designed to support London as a smart city.
- London's plans to become a smart city include, implementing full fibre connectivity for new homes, funding 'hyper local’ sensor networks for air monitoring systems, funding of London Office of Data Analytics, and increasing connectivity in the city.
- The London Office of Data Analytics will work to facilitate "closer relationships between local authorities, universities and the tech community".
New York City
Proprietary Research Available
1: Global Smart Cities - Planning for a Sustainable Future - Analysis and Trends (Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd, $1,590.00 USD)
2: Examples of leading smart cities ($104.08 USD)
If you'd like us to purchase any of these reports on your behalf, just let us know!
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.