The Clarins Brand and Competitors
Determine the top markets and competitors within those markets of Clarins. For competitors, determine what they are doing in the retail sphere, especially anything new or unique. Focus on the skincare segment.
- Clarins is one of the leading global skincare companies competing against the likes of Beiersdorf AG, The Procter Gamble Company, LOreal S.A., The Unilever Group, Shiseido Company, Obagi Medical Products Inc, SkinMedica, Inc, Dermalogica Inc, and BABOR GmbH Co. KG.
- Clarins is one of the top five skincare brands in Western Europe, competing against Nivea, Dove, Vichy, and Eucerin.
- Additional skincare companies with strong market share and targeting the high-end consumer in Western Europe are L'Oreal S.A., Beiersdorf AG, The Estee Lauder Companies Inc., Laboratoires Pierre Fabre S.A., Yves Rocher International, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Chanel S.A., and LVMH Moet Hennessy — Louis Vuitton.
- More recently, Clarins has worked to increase market share in Asia.
- In 2017, Clarins was declared one of the top high-end beauty and skincare brands in Asia by Beauté Research, including in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, Singapore & Thailand.
- Key players in the skincare market in Asia include L’Oréal Group, Avon Products Incorporation, Proctor & Gamble Corporation, Unilever, Oriflame Cosmetics, Revlon Incorporation, Kao Corporation, Estee Lauder Companies Incorporation, Biotique, and Shiseido Company, Limited.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.