Subscription Software Use
Provide an understanding of the use of subscription software among US enterprise-level media organizations in order to best gear a subscription software solution to its target audience
- The enterprise software publishing industry in the US had a total revenue of $69 billion.
- The industry grew approximately 9.3%, with growth driven by "an eagerness to adopt efficiency-enhancing software".
- The overall software market in the US had a revenue of $456 billion in 2018, and is anticipated to grow to $507 billion by 2021.
- Key segments of enterprise software are business productivity software, business management software, and security software.
- It is projected that 80% of software vendors will change to a subscription based business model by 2020.
- Key companies in the enterprise software space are Amadeus IT Group, Fiserv, Adobe Systems, HCL Technologies, VMware, Salesforce, CDW, SAP, Oracle, and Microsoft.
- One key trend in the enterprise software space is the growth of partnerships and strategic alliances between software vendors in order to increase functionality and innovation.
- Software companies that shift to subscription based business models are doing so to drive strong long-term relationships with clients to lead to business growth.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.