Clothing retailer statistics
To obtain statistics on Zalando,
and Amazon (clothing only) to be used for marketing material. The following information should be included: inventory in square meters
, number of units/SKU's
, and return rates
- According to Amzsecrets (an Amazon private label podcast company), the return rate on clothing for Amazon is more than 25% since there is a "fit and trial" element involved.
- Retail Touch Points survey results show that there were 33.4 million products in Amazon's clothing, shoes and jewelry category.
- The storage space provided to each seller depends on their Inventory Performance Index (IPI). The Current standard-size storage limit for apparel and footwear sellers is 1,200 cubic feet. (or 112 square meters). The full guideline for storage space is available here.
- An article by Design states that according to Zalando's management, its return rate is 50%.
- According to Business of Fashion, Zalando has an assortment of over 300,000 products.
- The 2018 annual report shows that the company's logistics network comprises of 11 fulfillment centers in 5 markets, each measuring approximately 130,000 square meters in size.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.