To understand the types of small and medium-sized companies (SMBs) that purchase cloud solutions such as AWS or Azure, in order to assist with marketing and targeting.
Microsoft Azure Clients
- On the Microsoft Azure website, the company has case studies of 49 companies in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico that use Azure's cloud services.
- Some of the SMBs included are Accuweather, Dental Corp, Radio Shack, Apptus, Canvass Analytics, Bazinga, and Diply.
- Crunchbase was used to find estimated revenue for each company to confirm that it is an SMB.
- AWS has over 1 million clients and provides hundreds of case studies on its website. We examined the studies to find examples of businesses based in North America and then used Crunchbase to find estimated revenue to confirm that they were SMBs.
- SMBs that use AWS include Alpha Vertex, Boingo Wireless, Crowdstrike, FINRA, Instapage, Manthan, and ProtectWise.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Initial research shows that both AWS and Azure provide plentiful data on their clients. We propose continuing the research to find 15 -18 more North American based SMB clients for each company, for a total of 30 - 36. For each client found, we propose providing the company name, a revenue or employee estimate to prove it is a SMB, and a link to the case study (if available). We propose focusing on clients using only Azure Cloud services and AWS big data services.
Alternatively, if more companies are needed, we propose identifying 30 - 35 additional clients for AWS and 30 - 35 for Azure. The details provided would be the same a described above