The information related to the challenges in finding sales talent to drive revenue in the cloud IT space specifically is very limited in the public database. The top four challenges in finding sales talent in the IT (tech) space has been presented below.
Top Challenges in Finding Sales Talent the IT Space
- The shortage of highly-qualified sales talent is one of the main challenges for finding proper sales talent in the IT space. While the demand for the top sales talent is increasing, the better individuals are already working for top companies.
- In a study of more than 100 technology-related companies, 71% of respondents reported that hiring and retaining sales talent is one of the top sales management problems. This problem is driven by the shortage of qualified sales talent in the IT space.
- According to Peak Sales Recruiting, sales professionals in the tech or IT space often put a spin on their achievements and accomplishments. If in-depth screening and cross-referencing are not done properly, unqualified people might get the job.
- Untrained or less-trained interviewers and hiring managers are also included among the top challenges in finding sales talent in the IT space. These individuals tend to hire people without assessing all the factors, such as personality traits, behavioral traits, background checks, job records, and more.
- According to Peak Sales Recruiting, many sales managers and interviewers are outgoing people or extroverts and are attracted to similar people. Therefore, they become more lenient towards extroverts and disregard the qualifications of other better individuals.