Cloud Storage Transfer Vertical Research
To have some general current trends in the cloud storage transfer space, as well as the key companies that are in this vertical as well. This is also referred to as data migration. These companies should be enabling the movement of large amounts of data from one cloud storage platform to another. An ideal response would also include any venture capital activity. As this is a software solution, geography is agnostic, so a global perspective will be used. The companies found should have the name, website link, and a brief description of them, included. If funding data is publicly available (and relevant) that should be included as well.
- For the purposes of this research, cloud storage transfer, or otherwise called migration, will be defined as "when a company takes all or part of its data, applications, and workloads and moves them to a cloud-based platform like Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services. Cloud migration can involve moving data from one cloud platform to another or moving it from on-premise servers to cloud-based servers."
- If this definition is incorrect, simply redirect us in the comment section.
- Google Cloud is arguably the most well-known provider of data transferring. "Google offers solutions to migrate that data quickly to Google Cloud Storage , BigQuery or Dataproc."
- AWS offers a wide variety of services and partner tools to help migrate data sets, whether they are files, databases, machine images, block volumes, or even tape backups. "The level of connectivity is a major factor in data migration, and AWS has offerings that can address your hybrid cloud storage, online data transfer, and offline data transfer needs." They offer online solutions such as AWS DataSync, AWS Transfer Family, Amazon S3 Transfer Acceleration, AWS Snowcone, Amazon Kinesis Data Firehose, and APN Partner Products.
- IBM is a key player in this vertical. Aspera can quickly and reliably move and share data. Aspera is also available with other capabilities in IBM Cloud Pak for Integration, which can help achieve application modernization goals as part of a journey to cloud. IBM Aspera provides "high-speed data transfer to move large volumes of data to, from and between on-premises data centers and any major cloud."
- CloudFuze offers file migration services from one cloud to another with "file selection option" which allows select files and folders that someone would want to transfer. A company can select the desired destination folder to transfer all their files to another cloud storage service. This way files are well organized as stored in the previous cloud storage service. "CloudFuze lets you access, share, migrate, and govern any file located in 40+ consumer and business clouds from any device, with a single login."
- According to Trust Radius, the following services offer cloud migration services and they consider them among "the best": SkyKick, Cloud FastPath, VMware HCX (CloudVelox), Velostrata (part of Google Cloud), Densify, CloudPATH, and CloudFuze. We did identify CloudFuze in bullet point four under the "Key Companies" header, so this source confirms our choice as key.
- Solutions Review asserts that the nine best managed cloud migration services providers are 2nd Watch, 8K Miles, Avaya, Capgemini, Cloudreach, Deloitte, Infosys, Logicworks, and Onica. HOWEVER, we are unsure whether these providers are of interest. Many of them provide the solutions for users of Amazon Web Services, Azure, and Google Cloud. ***We feel we may have gotten off track here, and if that is the case, we would need that clearly communicated in any reply.***
Summary Of Our Early Findings Relevant To The Goals
- Our initial hour of research was spent scanning to ensure that there were publicly available recent sources to answer all the research questions, and then focusing on one aspect of the ask and providing ten companies that offer cloud migration services and nine companies that are cloud migration providers. As we mentioned above, we are not entirely sure that the latter nine companies are relevant to this research, and that would have to be clearly communicated to us in any reply, and we have used one of the scopings below to cover this in case it is desired as further research.
- We did not have time in the initial hour of research to provide any general trends or any venture capital activity, but we did scan to ensure that this was available. This is reflected in our scoping below.
- Please select one or more of the options provided in the proposed scoping section below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.