Disney Sign Ups for Co-branded Credit Card Programs
To provide the proportion of customers that sign up into co-branded credit card programs for Disney.
Disney Visa and Disney Premier Visa Co-branded Credit Card Program: Estimate on Sign Ups
- The Walt Disney Resort which includes the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme parks, had 20.8 million, 12.4 million, 11.2 million, and 13.7 million visitors respectively in 2019. This adds up to 58.1 million visitors (20.8 million+12.4 million+11.2 million+13.7 million).
- Most reviews of the Disney Visa and Disney Visa Premier Cards note that the cards primarily provide perks a for individuals who visit Disneyland or Disney World often.
- In the U.S, over 16% of the population own an airline or other travel rewards credit cards.
- Reports note that travel and entertainment brands continue to dominate the spending share in the co-branded cards market.
- "The Premier card allows cardholders to redeem reward dollars for a statement credit toward airline travel."
- We could therefore estimate that 16% of the 58.1 million people who visited the Walt Disney Resort in the U.S. in 2019, assuming they were all Americans, were part of the Disney Visa Premier co-branded credit cards program.
- "One American in two has a co-branded card and 64% of them use their cards at least once a month."
- Therefore, we could estimate that 50% of the 58.1 million people who visited the Walt Disney Resort in the U.S. in 2019, assuming they were all Americans, were part of the Disney Visa co-branded credit cards program.
Summary of Findings
During this hour of research, we were unable to find precompiled information on sign ups for the co-branded credit card programs for Disney. However, we provided estimates based on publicly available information on the overall percentages of credit card use in the U.S., statistics on co-branded credit cards, and the number of visitors to the main venues for Disney's parks and experiences in the U.S.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.