Coffee Lids Producers
To establish a list of products that are eco-friendly and biodegradable, especially those that prevent germs or minimize any likelihood of food or beverage contamination.
Onya’s Ecofriendly Products
- These cups are not only reusable but made using 100% food-safe silicone and users do not have to worry about contamination.
- Onya also makes stainless steel drink bottles that are not only easy to clean, therefore, keeping the germs away, but are also 100& BPA-free. These bottles are safe as they are made from clean and sustainable materials and come in various sizes.
Klean Kanteen Stainless Steel Straws
- In 2018, Starbucks announced a plastic straw ban by 2020. The Klean Kanteen stainless straws have silicone ends that are easy to clean.
- The straws come with a brush specifically meant to clean the stainless-steel straws, to keep them germ-free and reduce any likelihood of contamination, making it safe to reuse them as many times as possible.
Zojirushi Stainless Steel Mug
- This is a reusable and easy to clean mug that is a better alternative to disposable plastic coffee cups, which are not eco-friendly.
- Zojirushi stainless steel mug is an ideal eco-friendly travel coffee mug, as it keeps hot beverages hot, and does not leak, thus minimizing chances of contamination.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
The initial research has looked at a list of products that are eco-friendly and biodegradable, and specifically those that prevent germs or reduce any likelihood of food or beverage contamination. We’d recommend further research to look into 3-4 brands that promised to introduce plastic alternatives by the year 2020, and establish if these brands have followed through with this commitment. These brands may include Starbucks, McDonald's, and Evian, among others.
We’d recommend further research to establish 2-3 ways that product manufacturers can ensure that plastic alternatives or eco-friendly products uphold hygiene and minimize the chances of contamination. Examples may include coatings the beverage cans on the inside and extending the shelf life of the products, among others.
Further, we recommend research on 4-5 popular plastic alternative materials being used by manufacturers today. Examples may include beeswax, silicone, plant-based ingredients, among others. For every alternative provided, we will give examples of manufacturers