Cognizant - Perceptions of Innovation
To understand Cognizant's reputation as an innovative IT/digital consulting company, compared to its competitors: Accenture, EY, KPMG, Deloitte, and PWC.
Our initial findings suggest that client perceptions regarding Cognizant's innovation status are somewhat limited, while professional assessments by industry or market research organizations offer a bit more insight. Information on innovation specifically related to IT or digital services among Cognizant and its competitors is a bit scattered with various awards and recognitions related to specific solutions or services offering some limited insights.
- According to Vault, a career intelligence company whose industry rankings are recognized by news sources such as the New York Times and Wall Street Journal, McKinsey is the top consulting firm in terms of innovation, though the list does not specifically call out IT/digital consulting firms. Among Cognizant's above-named competitors, Deloitte is named #14 and Accenture claims the #15 spot.
- Vault does not include Cognizant among the most innovative consulting companies, but it gives it the #8 position for IT operations, #13 for IT strategy, and #43 for prestige.
- Forrester Research named EY, Deloitte, and Accenture as the leading innovation consulting firms with KPMG and PwC listed as strong performers in innovation. Cognizant was not evaluated.
- Deloitte Digital's life sciences division was named the most one of the most innovative of 2017 by PM360.
- Cognizant received a "Most Innovative Solution Award" at Hitachi Next 2018.
- One client review at G2 notes Cognizant's focus on "innovation and pushes people to add value to businesses they serve."
- Avasant recognized Cognizant as an innovator in blockchain services, while it placed Accenture in the Leaders category. Cognizant's other competitors were not recognized.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.