COLLECTIBLE TOYS MARKET
- The collectibles toy segment of the whole toy market is experiencing a rapid growth in the US.
- The toy collectibles mostly include toys for grown-ups.
- These types of toys are primarily purchased for their perceived monetary values instead of being seen as sources of entertainment like those of typical playthings.
- The US retail sales of collectible toys reached $1.5 billion.
- Worldwide, the total retail sales value of this segment is around $2.6 billion in 2017.
- As for collectible games, US retail sales is around $0.9 billion. Globally, the total collectible game market's retail sales figure is around $1.2 billion.
- The segment's growth rate from 2016 to 2018 is around 25%.
- Funko is the leading manufacturer of collectibles with its offering of official action figures.
- Millennials are the primary target for movie-inspired collectible action figures.
- The market is propelled by the slew of superhero films that came out in recent years.
- Buyers of expensive superhero collectibles are typically those who wanted to relive their childhood.
- One type of adult collector is a person who is a big fan of superhero movies and who will spend all their available disposable income to acquire these toy collectibles.
- Another type of collector is the person with a huge reserve of resources who perceive these expensive collectibles as "long-term investments."
- Some of the popular sites where collectibles can be purchased include eBay, Craigslist, and local buy and sell sites.
- Brick-and-mortar sources where people can purchase collectibles include flea markets, estate sales, and second-hand stores.
PROPRIETARY RESEARCH AVAILABLE
We found some proprietary research from one of our data partners which may be helpful:
If you'd like us to purchase any of these reports on your behalf, just let us know!