Commercial Architects in the U.S.
To find information on commercial architects in the United States. Information to be located to include: the total number of firms/agencies, financial information such as revenue buckets, average fees/cost structure, mean/median for deals, architecture gross and net profits and margins, the top SaaS and other technologies used by architects, and the top architect/designer pain points, challenges, and things to avoid.
- In 2019, the market size of architects in the United States was $46.4 billion.
- The growth rate of the architects industry in the United States was expected to increase by 1.9% in 2019.
- Between 2014 and 2019, the architects industry in the United States has grown by 4.1% per year on average. Additionally, the market size of the architects industry in the U.S. increased faster than the economy overall in the last 5 years between 2014 and 2019.
- In the United States, the architects industry is the 11th ranked professional, scientific and technical services industry by market size and the 221st largest.
- The primary negative factors affecting this industry include consumer confidence index, while the primary positive factor affecting the industry is a low revenue volatility.
- The biggest opportunities for growth in terms of industry revenue in this market includes the trends witnessed in institutional and commercial development.
Number of Businesses
- In 2019, there were 71,585 architect businesses in the United States. This represents a 0.8% growth in 2019 and a 0.3% growth between 2014 and 2019.
- The west region of the U.S. accounts for the largest share of architect business locations in the country and the states of Alabama, Alaska and Arizona have the most number of architects businesses.
- Additionally, the industry is labor intensive meaning businesses are more reliant on labor than capital.
- The industry has a low market share concentration and there are no companies holding more than 5% market share.
- The products and services that make up the architect industry in the United States include "office building projects, hospitals and clinical buildings, college and university school projects, primary and secondary school projects, retail and restaurant projects, all other nonresidential building projects, architectural services for residential building projects, and architectural services for all other projects."
- From the above breakdown, it is clear that the architect industry in the United States is formed by is majorly comprised of commercial projects.
- In 2019, there were 233,303 architect employees in the United States. This figure represents a 1.7% growth in 2019 and a 2.5% growth between 2014 and 2019.
- In the U.S., the architects industry is the 14th ranked professional, scientific and technical services industry by employment and the 163rd largest.
- In 2019, architect wages in the United States had a value of $16.8 billion. This represented a 1.8% growth in 2019 and a 3.5% growth between 2014 and 2019.
- The average wage per employee within the architect industry was $233,000 in 2019.
- In addition, the architects industry in the U.S. is the 11th ranked professional, scientific and technical services industry by average wage and the 119th largest.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.