Canadian Snow Removal Market
Provide a review of the Canadian commercial snow removal market, specifically looking for market size, market trends, customer expectations and how sustainability is affecting the market.
- The North American snow and ice removal industry reported revenues of $1.2 million in 2019 from 40,000 contractors.
- In 2019, Clintar was ranked as the top Canadian snow and ice removal company, and the second company overall in North America.
- One trend in the snow and ice removal industry in Canada is the increase in demand for quality snow and ice removal services in rural areas.
- Clintar, the top Canadian snow and ice removal company in 2019, announced a new environmental initiative in October 2019, illustrating that sustainability has become more important in the industry.
- The initiative is focused on decreasing greenhouse gas emissions, reducing the company's carbon footprint, and helping conserve natural resources.
- Customers in Ottawa in 2018-2019 were not satisfied with the frequency of sidewalk clearing.
- Therefore, in 2019-2020, Ottawa decided to provide extra funding and invest in more equipment specifically for sidewalk clearing.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.