Field Workers Productivity; IOT Devices
To understand how internet of things (IOT) increase companies productivity through field workers management.
Field Workers Productivity Via IOT Devices
- Field workers are employees that work outside the administrative office and sometimes are required to travel to different locations. Field workers are found in many industries like sales, utilities, and facilities management.
- Internet of Things (IoT) has grown beyond traditional computers and smartphones to include the addition of sensors/devices covering an enormous range of processes and environments. The features and capabilities of IoT devices are sending an alert to a field worker or automatically adjusting the processes, equipment, or an environment without the need for any user input.
- Internet of Things (IoT) has increased company productivities through the reduction in office administration costs, real-time management, field worker real-time utilization rates, and others.
- According to a field operations management (FOM) report, there has been a 10% increase in field worker real-time utilization rates, 50% reduction in office administration costs by eliminating re-entry of field data, 19% increase in asset availability, 60% reduction in the mean time to repair (MTTR), and 100% real-time management.
- According to a Forbes report, the internet of things (IoT) has provided a significant boost to workplace productivity and safety. This technology is been used by startups and major corporations in the industry.
- A large corporation like Oracle has reported how the internet of things have increased their productivity by monitoring the locations of their employees in hazardous environments, alerting and notifying workers whenever they approach particular dangers or hazards, as well as controlling access to restricted and potentially dangerous areas.
- A surveyed report presented to IoT Solutions World Congress in Barcelona showed that field workers were excited to have special technology on them, to help them, to improve their work, to know when they're in a dangerous situation.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.