Email/SMS Reading Apps
To identify companies that read emails and texts out loud to users, similar to Ping (pingloud.com).
- ReadItToMe is an app available for Android that reads text messages (SMS) as well as other messages, such as Gmail, Google Hangouts and Whatsapp messages out loud.
- DriveSafe.ly is an app developed specifically to reduce distracted driving. The app reads emails and text messages out loud while the user is driving. It is available for Android or Blackberry.
- Text'n Drive is another app that reads emails and texts messages out loud. It also allows users to reply to messages using voice commands. It is available for iPhone or Blackberry.
- Drivemode is an app that allows users to use a variety of apps hands-free using voice commands, including hearing text and email messages read out loud. The app is available for iPhone or Android.
- Talkler is an app for iPhones that reads emails out loud. It also allows users to complete other email-related tasks such as reply, delete, and mark as unread using voice commands.
- Speaking Email is an app designed to read emails out loud. The app "intelligently extracts content from emails (minus the signatures, disclaimers and threads)." It is available for iPhone and Android.
- iPhone users do not need an app to have texts and emails read out loud as these features are included with the iPhone virtual assistant Siri.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.