Company Analysis - Continuum
To have an overview of a company called Continuum (https://ourcontinuum.com/)
to better understand their business.
- Continuum (properly called Our Continuum) are based in Mooresville, North Carolina and serve that city, as well as Davidson, Cornelius and Huntersville. They state that they are "your fresh, 100% local choice for video, Internet and voice solutions. With our state-of-the-art fiber-optic network, we’re proud to offer incredibly fast internet speeds along with advanced services like Continuous Choice Video On Demand, Continuum Whole Home, dozens of HD Channels and a complete suite of digital voice services. Just ask one of customer care reps or dedicated business specialists to put together the right solution for you!"
- They offer video, internet and voice for just $90/month and offer both personal and business services.
- Towns Seek Buyer for Continuum
. A press release on Mar 18, 2019: "Originally called MI-Connection, Continuum was established in 2007 as an interlocal agency by North Carolina legislature and the towns of Mooresville and Davidson in order to build an advanced communication network that better served their communities. By acquiring the assets of Adelphia Communications Corporation, and bringing on board cable industry veteran, CEO David Auger, Continuum has since grown revenue by 50%, increased EBIDA (earnings before interest, depreciation and amortization) by 400% and built a 1GHz digital network with extensive fiber deployment serving more than 17,000 residential and business customers in the towns of Mooresville, Davidson and Cornelius."
- CEO is David Auger, a 30-year cable veteran who passed away in May 2019.
- Board member Bob Guth, who has a background in telecommunications, was appointed as interim CEO effective May 18.
- This source from August 19th, 2019, states that Continuum Communications has been sold to TDS Broadband for $80 million. "While the transaction is still subject to voter approval in November, the removal of a large debt burden from the towns of Mooresville and Davidson is significant." TDS also owns Baja Broadband in Utah and Bend Broadband in Oregon.
- “We are looking forward to expanding our operations into the vibrant state of North Carolina,” said Jim Butman, president and CEO of TDS Telecom, in a prepared statement. “We expect to build off of the excellent operations and services provided by Continuum and look forward to welcoming their employees to our team.”
- Jill Kerswell is a Commercial Account Executive, and Robin Noud is a Major Account Executive with Continuum.
- Continuum reported generating $21 million in revenues for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2018.
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.