Determine the specified statistics on new companies that have earned $200 million in revenues in 2018 and 2017. This information will be used to target new clients based on the evolution that is happening within the landscape of midsize companies.
- Around 50 startups became unicorns this year, earning more than $200 million.
- Based on Feedough's report, there are around 197 unicorns globally.
- However, Crunchbase estimates that there are 452 unicorn companies.
- The 196 companies are US-based while the 165 are from China.
- In 2019, Crunchbase leaderboard shows that there are 35 new US-based unicorns, two-thirds of the total global figures.
- Crunchbase stated that it found 151 new unicorns in 2018, higher than the 96 figure from 2017.
- The estimated number of unicorns that spring up every year is around 4.
- For 2019, over half of the unicorns around the world were established between 2012 and 2015.
- As such, these companies were "between four and seven years old" when they become unicorns.
- Around 87% of the unicorns sell software, 7% sell hardware, while the remaining 6% offers other products or services.
- Around 62% of the unicorn firms run B2C companies.
- Their business models involve delivering affordable and useful products for consumers.
- These unicorns are mostly privately-owned firms.
PROPRIETARY DATABASE SEARCH RESULTS
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.