Competitive Analysis: Anonymous Email Services
To analyze the competitive landscape of anonymous email software in order to determine how a new product might differentiate itself from the market.
- Abine is an online privacy company that creates two flagship products: DeleteMe, which scrubs personal information from search engines, and Blur, which includes a number of semi-related privacy features.
- Blur works on Windows, MacOS, Android, and Apple portable devices. It's able to browse the internet on Chrome, Firefox, Explorer, Opera, and Safari.
- Abine Blur's masking feature works on email addresses for free, while phone numbers and credit cards are only included in the premium version. Downloading Blur adds a masking option to any form field for an email address. Selecting the option immediately generates an anonymous substitute address or number.
- Blur includes a password generator and manager, which creates strong one-use passwords and remembers them for later. It includes a dashboard that's able to show you which accounts you've used burner emails and passwords on, and whether you've reused any.
- Other features rolled into the free version of Blur include a tracking blocker and an auto-fill which uses their information masker.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.