cannot GET https://askwonder.com/api/v1/project_strategy/competitive-analysis-tire-wheel-possible-referred-motion-industry-discern-1t4m3wtp2/scopes (401)

Bridgestone Americas, Inc.: Competitive Landscape

Goals

To determine the competitive landscape for Bridgestone North America versus its global competitors including information about the company's new CEO, customer/consumer expectations and brand position, to be used in preparation for meeting with them.

Early Findings

Bridgestone Corporation

  • Bridgestone Corporation is the parent company of Bridgestone Americas, Inc.
  • It was founded in 1931, employs 143,509 people, is headquartered in Japan and operates in over 150 countries.
  • The company earns the most of its revenue (47%) in North America, followed by Japan (19%), EMEA (18%) and China and Asia-Pacific (16%).
  • 83% of its sales is from tires while the remaining 17% is from diversified products.
  • It was listed as #56 on Forbes list of Top Regarded Companies 2019, and America's Best Employers By State 2019.
  • It was also listed as #326 for Global 2000 in 2019, #301 for Sales, #320 for Profit, #811 for Assets and #457 for Market value on Forbes lists.
  • Bridgestone Corporation had a revenue of $33.1 billion in 2019.

Bridgestone — North America

  • Bridgestone Americas Corporate headquarters is located in Nashville, Tennessee and has 10,001+ employees.
  • It is a private company which was founded in 1900 and currently specializes in "Tires, Building Products, Industrial Products, Fibers and Textiles, Natural Rubber, Retail and Automotive Services".
  • Bridgestone Americas' estimated revenue is $15.6 billion (47% of the parent company's annual revenue).

CEO

  • In December 2019, Bridgestone announced that Paolo Ferrari, former CEO of Bridgestone Europe would become the president, CEO and chief operating officer for Bridgestone Americas Inc. on January 15, 2020.
  • Ferrari has previous work experience in sales, marketing as well as retail before entering the automotive space. He has worked as the chairman and CEO of Pirelli North America as well as the CEO of Pirelli Latin America.
  • Ferrari is tasked with the job to promote Bridgestone and help the company to become "a leader in mobility and solutions" having developed his expertise in project management, finance, the American market, product development and more. He has attained a bachelor's degree in business and economics at Milan Bocconi University and a Master of Business Administration at New York University Stern School of Business.

Awards

  • In 2019, Bridgestone Americas, Inc. was recognized for the value it places on safety and health in the workplace through "a series of 2019 Sustainability Awards for Safety and Health from the U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association (USTMA)".
  • Bridgestone Americas received both the Leadership Award and the Innovation Award.

Brands and businesses

  • Bridgestone Americas' portfolio brands include Bridgestone, Firestone, Bandag, Credit First National Association, DAYTON, GCR Tires & Services and Tires Plus Total Care Care.
  • The company also has portfolio businesses with categories such as Vehicles, Building & Industry, Sales, Service & Fleet Management, Credit, Sports & Sponsoships and Research & Innovation.

Competitors

  • Some of Bridgestone Americas' competitors include Yokohama Tire Corporation, Beverly Tire & Auto, TBC Corporation, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company and Cooper Tire & Rubber Company among others.

Proposed next steps:

You need to be the project owner to select a next step.